Polaris 360 wheels not moving however the tail whips. I can move one wheel no problem and all other 2 wheels move

skos007

Apr 21, 2019
Dallas

Polaris 360 wheels not moving however the tail whips. I can move one wheel no problem and all other 2 wheels move​

I can move one wheel no problem and all other 2 wheels move. See pics. Looks like no issues

I have separate pump for Polaris. When I turn on, wheels not moving however the tail whips. It will also go through the cycle to back up and relocate Polaris.

Filter clean on Polaris.

Attachments

• Polaris 2 11-13-21.jpg
    Polaris 2 11-13-21.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 13
  • Polaris 11-13-21.jpg
    Polaris 11-13-21.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 12
Do you have a Polaris 360 or 380? The 360 is made to run without a booster pump while the 380 requires a booster pump.

Check the water management system hoses (part 28) and the jet that powers the turbine wheel on the single wheel side. There is a half moon cover (part 2) over the turbine wheel. Check that none of the internal jets are clogged.

full

Last edited:
Check the water management system hoses (part 28) and the jet that powers the turbine wheel on the single wheel side. There is a half moon cover (part 2) over the turbine wheel. Check that none of the internal jets are clogged.

Get a large plastic soda straw and use it to blast water back through the jets inside the barrel of the Polaris where the net attaches. There may be crud jamming the gear drive.

Is there an easy way to get to part 28 with out taking the Polaris completely apart?

No, it comes apart pretty easily. take the three screws out from the side of the big pipe in the middle and that pulls out. Just take notes or pics along the way so you see how to fit it all back together.

Cleaner clogged! Polaris 360 wheels not moving however the tail whips.​

I want to thank user “ajw22” for the parts breakdown
Found part 28 clogged

Question.
Any steps to prevent this from happening?

Attachments

• Polaris clog  11-18-21.jpg
    Polaris clog 11-18-21.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 14
  • Polaris parts breakdown.JPG
    Polaris parts breakdown.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 26

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.