Polaris 360 leaks at booster connections

evanwellens

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Stony Point, NY
I replaced my booster about 3 years ago as well as the connections to the main pool plumbing. This year the connections leak like crazy. Seems to be coming out of the connection to the polaris' hoses. Does anyone have ideas for a fix ? I'll re-do connections if that is the fix but they were extremely hard to do the first time and perhaps there is something else that someone might have an idea about... Ps the pool running pressure~ 12 - 14 so I don't think it's that.

Thanks !!!

You are talking about the booster pump, correct? If so, what kind of quick connections are you using? I have some lessons learned (after replacing 3 volutes / 6 connections due to "defects / cracks" - and thanks for Polaris, they all replaced them for free):

1. DO NOT use the older, white quick connections - they are junk
2. I am using the later, black quick connections (I think you can get them separately as I have received mine when I ordered a new volute)
3. BE AWARE - when you screw in those connections in DO NOT use any teflon tapes despite the direction - I have used teflon tapes, liquid teflon and they all caused my volute to crack within days / weeks (called Polaris and one rep specifically said DO NOT use them)
4. My PB (and I was thinking the same) recommended using lube (e.g., Magic Lube), and I did two weeks ago when replacing a new volute and connections - working well so far (fingers crossed)

Let me know if you have other questions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.