Polaris 360 keeps floating (and doesn't go to bottom)

ohaya

Jun 17, 2015
VA
Hi,

We have been using a Polaris 360 for years and the one we have now is our 2nd one, only a couple of years old, and after we opened the pool this year, the 360 is not going to the sides and bottom but is basically staying floating on the top.

We checked the placement of the 3 styrofoam feed hose floats, and they look correct.

I am going to buy some new feed hose floats today and also the head float (the white bulb that gets pushed onto the stem at the back of the body). I will post back later today or tomorrow, but does anyone know what else might be causing this problem?

Thanks,
Jim

Hi,

We have been using a Polaris 360 for years and the one we have now is our 2nd one, only a couple of years old, and after we opened the pool this year, the 360 is not going to the sides and bottom but is basically staying floating on the top.

We checked the placement of the 3 styrofoam feed hose floats, and they look correct.

I am going to buy some new feed hose floats today and also the head float (the white bulb that gets pushed onto the stem at the back of the body). I will post back later today or tomorrow, but does anyone know what else might be causing this problem?

Thanks,
Jim
Sounds like the jets may be clogged. You can check and clean the little filter screen at the pool wall. If you disassembl the cleaner and blow some air into the jet that blow water up into the bag to see if any small debris comes out, that may help. If it does. Some junk got into the lines and needs to be cleaned out.

Also make sure your bag is reasonably clean. I had a problem this year during startup that my bag got so gunked up - it wasn't full, but small particles were clogging the mesh of the bag - that there apparently wasn't enough flow to create suction to keep it stuck to the walls and floor. It didn't float to the top, but kind of wallowed on its side a foot or two above the pool floor.

The Polaris 360 does not use a booster pump and relies on your main filter pump flow for power. If you have a suction side air leak then air bubbles can get into the Polaris and affect its buoyancy.

While small amount of bubbles coming out of returns from a suction side air leak can be ignored it can create a problem with a Polaris 360.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.