Polaris 280 Getting Stuck in Pool Features

AmpTX

Apr 12, 2017
Grapevine, TX
First time pool owner here in North Texas. Just bought the house this past November. I am having trouble with my Polaris 280. It runs and works like a dream, except when it gets caught in the built in stools, which seems to happen a lot lately. The stools are spaced apart so that the Polaris can pass through them, if it is going exactly straight. The majority of the time it isn't and gets stuck. Then when the back-up valve kicks in it gets wedged in and stays there all day. The booster runs for three hours but I'm lucky if I can get half an hour of cleaning time before it gets stuck.

I have checked the RPM's and they are good to go. I have tried adjusting the back nozzle every which way to no avail. The only thing I can think of is to put some obstacle in the Polaris' way to block it from entering that part of the pool or converting it to the tank treads. I'm thinking the treads will allow it to climb up and over the stools. Does anyone have similar features in their pool? If so, what have you done to avoid getting the cleaner stuck in them?

IMG_1436.jpgIMG_1438.jpgIMG_1440.jpg

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Sorry I can't personally answer your question as I don't own a Polaris or have objects like yours embedded in the pool, but we have one thing in common .... crystal clear water! Looks great! :goodjob: I wanted to great you to TFP and :bump: your thread. Maybe more visibility will get someone else to reply. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :swim:

Amp,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all pool owners with sticky problems... :snorkle:

Sorry about the negative response, but I can't envision any automated cleaner or robot that would not have the same problem.

It appears to me to be a disadvantage with the layout and not the cleaner... :(

Let's see if we can get some better feedback from one of our other members.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

I would give the treads a try, since they are relatively inexpesive. You might also want to cut up a couple of thick pool noodles and wedge them tight between the stools to see if that helps.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll just need to run the cleaner while I am home in case it gets stuck, not a big deal. I will need a solution for when I'm on vacation. I do like the noodle idea, cheap and easy to do. If that doesn't work then I'll give the treads a try.

Thanks for the compliment on the water Texas Splash. As a first time pool owner it was rough at first. Tried a pool guy (fired him after three months), Leslie's Pools (always trying to sell me some strange chemical), and finally got sick of it, ordered a TF100 test kit and have been taking care of it myself for the past two months using nothing but the methods on this board. It's been looking great ever since.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.