Polaris 280 favoring deep end

Melnic

Silver Supporter
Jun 7, 2017
Maryland
I have a Polaris 280 that I rebuilt the insides last year.
It tends to favor the deep end and does not clean the shallow end very well. It also tangles up at the wall alot/eventually.
I just replaced the hose and added a swivel at one of the longer hoses. I could add another swivel.
It seems to pop wheelies alot also, not really sucking down but rolling too much. Don't know if there is a place to regulate the water going to the wheels vs the venturi.

Any ideas?

How long do you run your 280 for daily?

My Polaris 380 looks like it favors the deep end if I stand watching it. I run it 3 hours a day and if left alone it eventually seems to cover the shallow area. I think the floor slope from shallow to deep tends to send the cleaner towards the deep end.

Make sure your backup valve is not running too frequently and pulling the cleaner back before it can get to the shallow end.

Try running your cleaner for another hour - 3 hours and give it more time to spend in the shallow end.

I have read of folks hacking into the backup valve to modify it but I don't have any instructions for how to do it.

My 280 also seems to be in the deep end but after 3 hours will clean most of the shallow. Sometimes if the shallow end is bad, I pull the hose over to the edge halfway down the shallow end, lift the hose out, place it at the edge of the coping and put a brick on it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.