plumbing routing advice

td3201

May 2, 2018
Lincoln, NE
Hi all!

My pump went out and am replacing it. The original installer placed the equipment (pump and filter) in a fiberglass box with a lid. Thing looked like a clamshell. At some point, the other house owner removed the lid and cut down the sides of the clamshell to expose everything. Since I am pulling out the pump anyway, I took the opportunity to remove the filter and remove the remaining parts of that fiberglass clamshell and just put down an equipment pad (like for AC compressors).

The plumbing now doesn't exactly line up for the pump. The filter is really close so not worried about that. Just want some advice on how to redo the return lines to align with best practices. Perhaps I can just put something under the pump to raise it up to the existing plumbing? Pics attached. I appreciate the advice! Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4710.jpg
    IMG_4710.jpg
    695.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4709.jpg
    IMG_4709.jpg
    548.1 KB · Views: 18
You can create some pretty unusual angles with two 45 degree fittings together (see large oval in photo below). Grab a couple of fitting and play around with them a bit. See if you can make it work. You can clock the 90 degree fitting (see arch in photo) as needed. If you can't get it to work, you may need to adjust the angle and height of the pump.

IMG_4710.jpg

Reactions: DavidArmenB
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.