Plumbing guidance needed

I've installed the screen logic system and I'm needing to redo my plumbing so that I can control my water features remotely.

I've purchased
1 Pentair 180° valve actuator 1Pentair 90° actuator
1 Jandy 3 way never lube valve
1 Jandy 2 way never lube valve.

I would like to have my bubbler which is in my tanning ledge and my waterfall be able to run simultaneously or individually.

Looking for guidance as to which way to route everything. 20180706_195426.jpg

Matt,

Could be that my brain is just not working today, but it appears to me you need 2 two-way valves... Just like the blue valves that are there now. One on the waterfall line and one on the bubbler line. You can then turn them on one at a time or both at the same time.

With the EasyTouch you only have two valve drivers available A and B...

I can't see how the three way valve works for you at all.

Let's see what some of our automation guys have to say...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Matt,

Could be that my brain is just not working today, but it appears to me you need 2 two-way valves... Just like the blue valves that are there now. One on the waterfall line and one on the bubbler line. You can then turn them on one at a time or both at the same time.

With the EasyTouch you only have two valve drivers available A and B...

I can't see how the three way valve works for you at all.

Let's see what some of our automation guys have to say...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim

I believe the three way valve allows for the restriction of water flowing to the jets to the left of the T so that more flows to the right side where it will be needed to achieve the correct flow for the water features.
As it stands now I can turn off the jets on the further most left return completely off and that gets me enough flow to run bubbler. If I open the waterfall then I have to close off the second return about 3/4's to achieve the correct flow at 3200rpm.

Matt,

I can't see how you are going to be able to do what you want with just two automated valves... Keep in mind that a three-way valve is not really a 3 way valve except when being used manually. When automated it is either on/off, so just a two way valve.

I'll look at it again tomorrow if I get a chance,

Jim R.

Matt,

Manually you can do what you want. Electrically, the actuator will turn from one stop to the other stop. In most cases this is from full open to full closed. You can mechanically set the stops to wherever you want, but if you set the stops at say full open for one stop, and 80% closed for the other stop, then the actuator can only move the valve from full open to 80% closed.

You can not have... Full open, Half closed, and Full Closed...

Welcome to 1980...:p

Thanks,

Jim R.

Matt,

Manually you can do what you want. Electrically, the actuator will turn from one stop to the other stop. In most cases this is from full open to full closed. You can mechanically set the stops to wherever you want, but if you set the stops at say full open for one stop, and 80% closed for the other stop, then the actuator can only move the valve from full open to 80% closed.

You can not have... Full open, Half closed, and Full Closed...

Welcome to 1980...:p

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim,

Could you help me on the layout of how I should plumb things and let me know the additional valves I'll need?

Matt,

Keeping in mind that you only have two valve drivers in your ET, so you are limited in what you can do...

I would add the 3-way valve in place of the "T" that is right after the SWCG.. I'd set the 3-way valve so that it either shut of the waterfall or allowed 80% of the water to go the waterfall and the other 20% to the rest of the returns.. including the bubblers. You will have to move the bubblers to the left side of the 'T' in your pic...

I would then add the 2-way valve on the bubbler line...

So in normal operation, 100% of the water would go to the all the returns.. (Left side of your pic... plus bubblers)

If you wanted the bubblers on, you would select "bubblers" on your ET and they would come on.. you could adjust the height of the bubblers using the pump's speed.

If you wanted the waterfall on, you would select "waterfall" and the 3-way valve would turn so that 80% of the water went to waterfall and 20% still going to the return plumbing. Again you would use the pump speed to make the waterfall look like you want.

You can link the circuit "Waterfall" with a specific pump speed, so that when you select "waterfall" the pump would automatically go to that speed. Same thing for "bubbler" although the system will always go to the highest speed, so if you turned on the waterfall and bubblers at the same time, it will always use the highest speed assigned.

I know this is not what you want, but it is the best I can do with only two valves..

Please let me know if this does not makes any sense.

Maybe one of our other members has a better idea and will chime in... :p

Thanks,

Jim R.

Matt,

Keeping in mind that you only have two valve drivers in your ET, so you are limited in what you can do...

I would add the 3-way valve in place of the "T" that is right after the SWCG.. I'd set the 3-way valve so that it either shut of the waterfall or allowed 80% of the water to go the waterfall and the other 20% to the rest of the returns.. including the bubblers. You will have to move the bubblers to the left side of the 'T' in your pic...

I would then add the 2-way valve on the bubbler line...

So in normal operation, 100% of the water would go to the all the returns.. (Left side of your pic... plus bubblers)

If you wanted the bubblers on, you would select "bubblers" on your ET and they would come on.. you could adjust the height of the bubblers using the pump's speed.

If you wanted the waterfall on, you would select "waterfall" and the 3-way valve would turn so that 80% of the water went to waterfall and 20% still going to the return plumbing. Again you would use the pump speed to make the waterfall look like you want.

You can link the circuit "Waterfall" with a specific pump speed, so that when you select "waterfall" the pump would automatically go to that speed. Same thing for "bubbler" although the system will always go to the highest speed, so if you turned on the waterfall and bubblers at the same time, it will always use the highest speed assigned.

I know this is not what you want, but it is the best I can do with only two valves..

Please let me know if this does not makes any sense.

Maybe one of our other members has a better idea and will chime in... :p

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks greatly for the info Jim. Sorry for the delayed response. My notifications don't seem to be working.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.