Plumbing arrangement - Heater / SWG / Acid dispenser

BC in the Bay

Gold Supporter
Aug 13, 2013
Florida
Hi all - I'm currently operating with a SWG and VS pump (no automation as of yet). I'm having a gas heater installed shortly and would like to also add an acid dispenser to complete my quest for pool maintenance laziness. I believe the arrangement should be filter -> heater -> SWG without the acid system (although, now I'm wondering if that's an issue with the water being too hot coming from the heater?). Does anyone have any thoughts on how the acid injector should be placed into this mess?

filter > heater > acid dispenser > SWG The SWG is always last :)

If you inject acid into a running SWG the acid will strip off the coating in the SWG plates. See this discussion on why the Pentair IntelliPh shuts down the IntelliChlor SWG before injecting acid...

Better to inject acid after the SWG.

Well that has changed, it has been about 6 years since the last time I looked it up... Thanks for the info and I will change the info in the brain :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.