Megahurtz

Jun 11, 2021
McAllen, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a capped cleaner line that i will never use. Just purchased a new dolphin e30 and it has been working perfect. I was thinking of just capping it at both ends, but saw some posts of turning it into a return line. I was thinking of just adding a tee and elbow. Is this the best way to connect it?
cleaner.JPG

I was also just thinking about capping both ends, but cant seem to find a cap to go over the eyeball fitting. I have a pentair return with the threads sticking out.
1636389913639.png

How many returns does your return line feed now?

If you split the return line the way you show you will divert about 50% of the return flow to the other pipe. If you have 3 returns then each of them will only get about 15% of its current flow which may be lower then you want.

I would put a diverter valve between the two pipes so you can adjust how much flow gets directed away from your current returns and ensure they continue to operate as you expect.

Thank you. I currently have 4 return lines in the pool. So this would be a 5th one. Would a ball valve type be ok, or is it recommended to have a pool style 2-way valve (like jandy)? Sorry,new pool owner here and not sure on the pros and cons on valves for pool plumbing. :)

A ball valve inevitably sticks and breaks and then you have to cut it out and glue a new one in. Long term a diverter valve will last forever, can be rebuilt if needed, and be less hassle long term.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.