Plumbing Advice - Leaking Pump

jkayca

Jul 5, 2014
Ottawa Ontario
I have an older Hayward Super II Pump - 1 hp. The output of which is leaking. It's hard to tell from the picture but the leak is coming from where the flexible white pipe meets the connector "ring". Sorry, don't know what it's called.

pump-leak.jpg

My pump though looks to be larger compared to the flex pipe. So not sure what to expect here. Also, I'm not sure if after cutting out the old connector ring if I'm going to have a long enough flex pipe.

Can't tell from the picture but the input side uses non-flexible piping so moving the pump isn't really an option.

Advice on how to approach this would be appreciated.

You might be able to fix this by simply slathering some PVC solvent glue around where it is leaking. If you try this, turn it off and remove from the pump first and dry it out. Make sure you don't get any glue on the threads.

@Tivo: Yes - Unions on the pump (after googling what unions are). It's where the flex pipe meets the union that is leaking. I guess the glue has given out. Not sure about the filter. I'm not home right now so can't look.

@PoolGate: I did indeed try this but the leak is too big.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.