Plumbed 1.5" into a 2" system

So this is embarassing... I just realized after reading on this forum that there are union fittings(1.5" inside and 2" slip outside) that allow you to plumb a new pump into both a 1.5" system and a 2" system. Well.. after at least 4 years I realized I plumbed 1.5" into a 2" system. See attached pictures...

I recently added a Pentair Mastertemp heater and when I circulate through the heater I only get 4 of 6 jets blowing bubbles with good flow in the spa. This is what started me looking at restrictions in the system.

Is it worth buying new unions and coming strait out of the pump with 2" pipe? I'm guessing this could help with electrical bill and flow to the spa.

View attachment 429946View attachment 429947View attachment 429948
That union is not a 1 1/2 inside…. So the name Should not confuse its size use a tape measure Then deduct for any other obstructions .. i do not like that union we had one before its small interior. Keep an eye for each part… some reducers have other inside reducing plastic designs ….

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.