Plugging returns while using “water cooling fountain”?

GeauxTigerz

Gold Supporter
Nov 11, 2020
Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I’ve read several posts and had suggestions to try a pvc “fountain” connected to a return jet to cool my pool water. I purchased a fountain and connected it but unfortunately due to 4 other returns being on the same circuit I can’t create enough pressure to make it work properly even with a 3hp VSP pump maxed out. I’ve also closed the valve to my bubblers. Is there any issue with temporarily plugging the other return jets to divert the water pressure to the fountain while in use?

Pressure is very dependent on each system. I would think 30 psi would be very high. You should get enough diversion to your fountain before that.

Ok perfect. My pressure usually stays around 8 on my baseline schedule at 1600 rpm. I was assuming no more than 20-25. If I can’t get it done before 30psi I need to rethink my fountain design. Thanks as always Marty!

What issue could occur from the excess pressure of running a fountain? I have 3 returns and plug one to run the fountain leaving only one open other than the fountain. What should I look for?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.