Pls help with interpretation

Apr 3, 2018
Portland, OR
Hi everyone,

When filter pump is turned on, whether in Service mode or in normal operation mode, my AquaLogic system immediately lights up the yellow service light and shows message "No Flow-Filter Pump", which stays on as long as the pump is running. The system also shows Low Salt - I know that TurboCell T-cell 15 is dead and needs to be replaced.

I assumed that "No Flow-Filter Pump" message indicates that the Flow Switch is also bad, so I purchased a new one. However, the message "No Flow-Filter Pump" shows and stays on with the new switch as well. So I tested both switch with an electric tester, which indicated that when pump is running both switches are closed (shorted) and when pump is off both switches are open (not shorted). Moreover, in Diagnostic Mode the Flow Switch status shows "Flow" when pump is running and "No Flow" when the pump is off. So the flow switch seems operating as it should be.

My question is what does the message "No Flow-Filter Pump" mean then and how this is going to affect the system operation when I install the new T Cell 15?

Thanks for advice.

What kind of pump do you have?
It seems to maybe be a warning that your filter pump is not sensing flow? Do you have a VF pump?
I agree that this message is not related to the SWG flow sensor.

OK, I am going to back pedal a bit.

According to the manual:
No Flow-Filter Pump -- If the filter pump is on and the flow switch indicates no flow for 15 minutes or more.

So I think it IS related to the SWG flow switch. For some reason I thought there was a different indicator related to the SWG switch.

If the switches are good, are you sure they were orientated correctly in the PVC Tee? Do you really have over 15 GPM of flow?
Was the connection well seated?

If all of that is yes, then perhaps it is a board problem. You could test that by temporarily shorting the wires across the flow sensor plug (use an old telephone cord).

It is a single speed WisperFlo pump, it does not seem to have its own flow sensor that communicates with AquaLogic. The Flow Switch is screwed in one of pipes and its orientation is correct, which is confirmed by closing and opening the switch depending on pump operation. Shorting wires does not seem to provide any new information as switch is shorted when the pump is on and is opened when the pump is off - I tested the wires in the telephone plug with the tester, so the correct signal is provided to AquaLogic. It appears to be confirmed by the fact that in Diagnostic Mode Flow Switch status is shown correctly and agrees with pump operation - "Flow" when the pump is ON and "No Flow" when the pump is OFF. That is what puzzles me about the message "No Flow-Filter Pump".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.