BunnyHouse

Mar 11, 2022
Fort Myers, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I have a Pentair (Clean & Clear RP) CCRP 200 filter. Inground pool (in southwest Florida) was completed in February of 2022. In October of 2022 I replaced the filter cartridge with a Pleatco PAP200-4. In the last month I noticed some slight staining on the pool floor around the drains and a reddish color on the skimmer baskets. They cleaned up easily. When cleaning the filter yesterday, I realized the orange color on the top of the filter was leaching into the filter and that is where the staining is coming from. I bought the filter on Amazon, contacted the seller and they were no help. Have a call into Pleatco. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Can you take a picture of this discoloration? My first thought was that you may actually have iron in your water which stains white plastic and filters. Are you aware of any iron? Do you see it in your toilets or such?
Pletco filters are usually good...I have no recall of any complaints about them?

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: Newdude
+1 with Maddie. We've seen orange/brown baskets, drain covers and filters before.

Bunny,

I'm sure the staining is coming from somewhere, but I just can't see it being the cartridge...

Worst case you could buy a different brand of cartridge and see if the problem goes away.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.