Please share your pool equipment storage/placement

TXPfamily

May 11, 2021
Pflugerville, TX
First, I want to thank those who have helped me SO much get to this point! We have financing in place, city and county permits turned in and are awaiting those to be returned to start on our pool! woohhoooo!!

Our house has an area on the side of the house that the gas and our AC unit are located. The pool builder suggested placing the pool equipment there. Our AC is currently sitting on a small slab of concrete just big enough for the unit. I don't know how important it is to protect the pool equipment from dirt (splashes from rain) or am I just over thinking this??

I am making the move to get HOA approval to extend our backyard privacy fence to enclose our AC unit and the future pool equipment. There is something about having those in the open that just doesn't sit well with me.

Sooooo, I've seen some pool equipment in enclosed areas but I'm thinking it would not be a good idea with the air flow??

I would love to see some ideas of how you have your equipment set up. That side of the house will be sort of out of sight but I still want to keep it pleasing to the eyes since this will be our trash cans new location as well.

Thank you AGAIN!!!!

Mine is on the side of my pool house and it is clearly visible from the pool area, so I wanted it to look nice and be out of the weather too. Sun is really hard on plastics and electronics. I have an omnilogic panel that has basically a computer with touch screen in it and I did not want it sitting in a metal box in direct sunlight in 100 degree weather. It's much cooler in the shade and it's nice to be able to backwash while it's raining (filling pool back up for free) and be dry. So I built a roof over mine. I have seen people hide pool equipment with fencing and lattice. The possibilities are endless.

I still have to add a border and river rock around it to dress it up. I also plan to paint the pipes once I am satisfied that I am not going to change anything else.

Reactions: KBR and HermanTX
I would attempt to maximize the exposure to the elements and the sun beating on the equipment. We have a "lean to" of sorts and have been happy with this arrangement. It is out of the sun and in the winter, we find it easy to hang blankets/insulating sheets to keep it somewhat warm (we don't winterize). I would like to create some hanging "walls" to better enclose the area for the winter and that's on my to do list this fall. Although it's not really in view of the pool area, we also have some thatched bamboo we can hang to obscure the unsightliness of it. The heater is not under the lean to, but we have a cover for it.

1632502578125.png

While equipment can withstand the environment, anything you can do to protect it is helpful. I have a tarp like sail over mine to keep the UV off of it. That is all I could do based on the pad location and HOA rules.

Some have painted the PVC as that helps protect the pipe from UV degradation.

You do need to be aware of any rules related to heater ventilation and how close it is positioned to doors or windows that can be opened.

I keep my chemicals in the large hard plastic storage outside (like the ones you purchase to put garden equipment in). I keep the acid separate from my liquid chlorine and other items I keep as backup (calcium hardness increaser for example).

Reactions: BigPapaSmurf
I built a little shed that is open on one side over my equipment pad that matches my privacy fence. It was cheap and easy. We keep the robot hanging in there and the floats stay in there too. It hides the equipment and sound from the lounging area and the house.
B342336E-B1C6-47D5-A98B-A3BF82AECEF9.jpeg

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.