Please Help!!!! Pool not level :(

PoolD

Jun 4, 2017
Chicago, IL
Hi everyone, I am a new pool owner and am feeling so frustrated and overwhelmed. I have a summerwaves 16" pool and initially installed it directly on my lawn but quickly realized it was not level. Thankfully we only got a few inches of water in.

We decided to completely pull out the grass and then we layered sand on top to level. I only realized afterwards the manual says not to place on sand. :( Anyways...my pool is now full and it's about 2 inches off on opposite sides. Also about 4 of the posts on the left middle side (not on the low or high side) are sitting fairly close to the edge of the sand. I've also noticed that the posts on the high side are pulling a little towards the high side. Should I be worried? I'm kind of freaking out right now because I live so close to my neighbor (literally 10 feet away) and I am afraid that the whole pool will fall and all the water will go into his house! We laid the blue tarp on top of the sand before we put the pool on top - don't know if that will make a difference on its stability. A friend told me the sand will settle and get hard which will make it more stable.

I've read suggestions to do one or more of the following:
1) drain 1/2 the water and only put pavers under the low side
2) put pavers under the posts that are at the edge of the sand and then pack the pavers/posts with dirt.
3) leave as is and lay bricks around the posts and pack the gap with dirt

Are any/all of these suggestions a good idea or should I start over and use dirt instead of sand? I've invested way more than I anticipated considering I was really only planning to get 1 year out of this pool.

Please note, I've had the pool up and filled for only 18 hours.

:hug: A lot more to it than you looks like on the box huh? I am sorry you are dealing with this. Here are some of the "rules":

-dig down the high spots.

-do NOT add anything to raise the low areas

-use a long level and a 2x4 to see where the high spots are

The sand will not compact down enough to help you. You are going to have to take all of the water out and start over I am sorry to say :(

If you are only planning to get one year out of it it should be fine. I started with a 15' summer escape (same thing different name) and did as you did the first time and found the ground had a U shape in the middle. Two sides were about 3 inches higher then the others. Mine was fine all summer even with 8 rough playing kids

MOD note: Anything over 1" unlevel is not considered safe. Industry standards calls for all sides being within 0.5"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.