Please Help Me!!

BRM I am pumped for you ... already thinking through the night time hours. Well, thankfully the nighttime you do not have the Sun battering your valuable Chlorine, so it holds up pretty good. I get a late test in just around dark, make sure my filter is good, my fc is good and I sleep. I get up and back at it in the morning, hit that filter, hit that FC test and get it ramped back up.

If most of us think about it, back in our pool store days, we would add something, never test it again and go days just sitting and waiting. So, taking a few hours off (sleep night time) and right back at it punching that algae in the morning, we are light years ahead of the pool owner we used to be and we are picking right up on the SLAM.

That algae never knew what hit'm.

It is as much about Trouble Free Pools as it is Trouble Free Pool Owners. We change and as much as our pools do by the end of this.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a cartridge. Also, my sock that was full of stabilizer was completely empty by 1:45... Is that ok? Ive read where it can take awhile to dissolve and may need squeezed etc

Did you ever squeeze it or did it all just go out on its own? See how easy this is. Sometimes all the different stories and examples can make things seem much bigger or difficult or wishy-washy than it is in the real world application.

Sounds to me like this is going perfect.

In my particular case, the balancing of the chems was easy, it was the waiting for my sand filter to clear the water..that was where I had to reorder my POP (Pool Owner Patience). I did and it worked out better than I ever imagined.

Probably what you need to start including along with your FC results is the PSI of your filter.

That will be doing all the other work in this to clear that water up.

His pressure gauge is broken, so I told him to check his filters Sunday and see how they look. I don't expect them to be too bad -- his water wasn't very nasty.

Thanks for all the help! Jeff and you have been unbelievable. I look forward to celebrating with ya when I am sparkling and the kids are enjoying themselves! If you two were in Ohio I'd hand deliver beer and pizza. I will update when its 730pm ET

Jeff, I should just sit back and watch, I keep forgetting you got this dude squared up and centered. It sounds like it is going perfect. Great job you 2.
I appreciate the backup. I'm not immune from saying something stupid. Plus I've been out of pocket most of the day -- my oldest graduated college today (yay!). I've been busy trying to figure out what I'm going to spend all that extra money on starting next month...

Thanks for all the help! Jeff and you have been unbelievable. I look forward to celebrating with ya when I am sparkling and the kids are enjoying themselves! If you two were in Ohio I'd hand deliver beer and pizza. I will update when its 730pm ET
Believe me, if I were there I'd take you up on it! Sitting around that soon to be sparkling clear pool.

I appreciate the backup. I'm not immune from saying something stupid. Plus I've been out of pocket most of the day -- my oldest graduated college today (yay!). I've been busy trying to figure out what I'm going to spend all that extra money on starting next month...

Oh Congrats on the Graduation! The good news is, it won't be pool chemicals!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks BRM!

It might be a good idea to take apart the cartridge filter and clean it. Algae can build up very quickly, especially on cartridge filters because you can't backwash them. It might speed up clearing the water a little bit. You're clearly on your way though. Good job!

Test 6 at 730ET was FC of 10. I added 27oz. First time I have added since 145PM. I plan on checking it again around 10 for the last time tonight then back at it in the morning!!! I hope all is still going well for my SLAM! While I am a bit more relaxed, water still looks horrible and I know I still have a long ride.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.