Please help me identify this part/cap in my pool.

MeanOrNice

May 21, 2020
Los Angeles
Hello there.

I am new here. I posted a longer help thing in the Plumbing section, but I think this is my main concern right now.

I need to know how this part or cap is used.

IMG_7286.jpg

It's a black cap with a spring henge to keep the cap closed. The reason I ask, I believe I do not have a backwash. I have an unlabeled valve. See pic below, all the way to the left.
IMG_7229.jpg

In the picture, the handle is in the 6 o'clock position...in this position, the filter and pump are operating normally to the best of my knowledge...I see water coming out of the 3 jets in my pool.

When I turn the handle to the 12 o'clock position to activate that other line, nothing happens, but a loud buzzing noise comes from that black port.

Right now, my pool is super duper green. My pool guy stopped coming and won't return my calls...I hope he is OK, but I would like to get this cleaned up and the 1st quote I received was $750.

I just have the test strips for now. I have a lot of debris in the pool that I don't how to get out easily (leaves at the bottom. I would like to buy a manual pool vacuum, but I don't even know the first thing about how my system is piped. I'm so confused because every video and guide says I need to backwash the system, but I don't think I have one, because there is no pipe or hose connected to push the water in the opposite direction.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

It looks like the inlet where you would plug in a pool vacuum. When you turn the valve to that position the pump is trying to suck from there, but of course can't because the inlet is closed.

For your next step, the first thing would probably be to order a proper test kit like the TF-100 or the Taylor K-2006C. I haven't had to deal with a pool condition like yours, but if I were you I think I would completely drain it and clean everything as much as possible. $750 sounds pretty reasonable. I'm also in the Los Angeles area, and I think the going price around here for an acid wash is around $1000-$1500.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.