Please help me identify this old Skimmer!

GuilliHo

May 7, 2019
Sacramento

Hi! The reason why I am trying to identify this skimmer is because currently, water is only being sucked from the skimmer. This is a very old pool and it came with the house and it has been driving me crazy since nothing I've tried has worked. I already tried a float valve but it didn't work because this skimmer doesn't have the groove for the o-ring and the float valve doesn't fit pretty well. I also tried the Hayward SP1082GV Skimmer Main Drain Valve and it doesn't fit either. Studying the skimmer closer, it seems that it has its own mechanism to do this, the skimmer has the marks for "Main Drain", "Both" or "Skim", there is also a small hole between the main drain's hole and the pump's suction hole. Also there are 2 little columns (I am sorry I don't know how to call those) that seem to be there to restrict the movement of something (maybe the basket?).
It's obvious that there is something missing here, but I just can't find anything online. I already went to leslie's pool with these pictures and showed them but they don't know anything about it.

I was hoping that maybe somebody in this forum would know about this type of skimmer and could should me what's missing.

Thank you very much for your help. I've attached some pictures and I added some notes to one of them.

If i remember, there is "like" a float valve in that, it sits on the floor of the skimmer, but it doesn't have a float or anything. Its in the shape of a half moon and it rotates on the base of the skimmer allowing you to adjust how much water is drawn from the main drain. Don't remember the manufacturer. Sorry, no help...

That's it
Search Amazon for this:
Skimmer Basket Aladdin Pacific Fab 51-3036 B-43

Around 8 bucks. No shipping or tax. Even if it is the wrong size, you're not out much. There is also one there with free skimmer filters if you search for just the part number (513036) .

@kadavis and @Pool Clown when I bought this house a few years ago, the previous owner left a box with some chemicals for the pool and some tools. Funny enough I remember seen this basket there. I also remember trying it but it did not fit right (at least from what I remember). I will try it again tonight and report back to see how it goes. Thank you all for your help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.