Please help identify stains

Do you happen to have the bag still around? It would help to know what the ingredients label listed. Or if you know the exact brand of fertilizer, we can try to look-up the SDS online to find the ingredients. Many fertilizers have iron in them which is another reason why the Vitamin C tablet test "should" have worked. I believe some fertilizers may have copper though, so it's best we try to find the ingredients if possible.

I would have no way of finding that out sadly. The yard people they used were a one time deal. Most people in this area use iron. My copper levels did not detect copper in the water. Neighbors think this may be something they used.

Last edited:
Reactions: Texas Splash
I hope I haven’t posted too much and drove anyone away. I was able to track down what is possibly the culprit for my stains. There are 2 different fertilizers that were used by my pool. I’m posting a picture of them both. I should would love some help on how to remove these stains. Pool store insists it’s rust from rebar. IMG_9737.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9738.jpeg
    IMG_9738.jpeg
    402.4 KB · Views: 5
I'll tag @JoyfulNoise for some chem experience here. Pic #1 is clear - iron. Vitamin C tablets should work as a test area on a stain. For wide spread treatment it would require an Ascorbic Acid treatment. The second pic is listed as ammonium sulfate which can be very problematic to your free chlorine level. Let's see what Matt would offer at this point.

I'll tag @JoyfulNoise for some chem experience here. Pic #1 is clear - iron. Vitamin C tablets should work as a test area on a stain. For wide spread treatment it would require an Ascorbic Acid treatment. The second pic is listed as ammonium sulfate which can be very problematic to your free chlorine level. Let's see what Matt would offer at this point.
Thank you so much. I will keep an eye out for his response.

Reactions: Texas Splash
AMS will not stain.

The iron in the yellow bag is likely the cause. I would get a bunch of vitamin C, stick it in a sock, crush the pills and rub the sock on the stains.

Reactions: VondaP
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.