Please help. Haven't opened pool in 3 1/2 years. Never had a pool! Severe help needed

It really is not that bad, 10 min in am, 10 min in PM. If you are not using a solar cover could dose in Pm and overdose a few PPMs after using so you do not have to dose in am, you will probably be around a quart a day, depending on concentration. As I said as you get to know the pool and what it uses in different conditions you test less as your predictions get pretty close to test. Here are a few threads on DIY chlorinators; Mas985; Smartjack's . Hope it helps. but manual doseing isn't that bad till you are sure what you want to do. I have also read of Stenner pump on ebay $200, still have to plumb and get a reservoir , search for Stenner pump. installation

Yes. It takes less than 5 min to check your FC and ph in the morning, then add however much bleach you need to be at your target.
Its simple, effective, and the best way to avoid problems.

If that sounds too onerous, consider adding SWG once you've gotten through a season to get a feel for your pool chemistry. But either way, if you truly follow what TFP teaches, you will never again have to endure what you just did.

Everything you now need to know going forward is in Pool School. Please read.

There are some posts where some have figured out how to use the suction side of your pump and ultra cheap drip sprinkler fittings to automatically chlorinate. Then you only need a reservoir. If you are interested and can't find it, I can probably can.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.