Please critique my equipment list

gnr5

May 28, 2019
Miami, FL
Hello all,

I'm in the process of planning an OB pool in Florida.
  • It will be an L shaped 19 X 28 - 93 Line - ~ 13500 gallons.
  • Sun shelf
  • Two bubblers
I came up with this, please let me know if I should change anything or, most importantly, if I'm missing anything such as housing for the lights, maybe? Not sure what else would be required.

HaywardQtyPriceTotalModel
Pump1Hayward MaxFLo VS Variable Speed Pool Pump | 1.5HP 230V$770$770.00SP2303VSP
Filter1Hayward SwimClear C200S 200 Sq$500$500.00C200S
Heater1Hayward HeatPro Heat Pump 125K BTU2900$2,900.00HP21254T
SWG1Hayward AquaPlus 2-in-1 Automation and Salt Chlorination | 40,000 Gallons | PL-PLUS1275$1,275.00
SubPanel1Included in SWG 2-in-10$0.00
Lights4ColorLogic LED 320 (two for the pool, two for the bubblers)$250$1,000.00
Bubbler2Hayward ColorLogic Bubbler115$230.00
Total$6,675.00

THANK YOU!

Most color led lights are low voltage and required pool approved step-down transformers. Not sure if your light are 120 volts or 12 volts, but something to follow up on.

While a 200 sq ft filter is ok, the bigger the filter is the less back pressure there is and the longer you can go between cleanings..

I like that you are getting a VS pump and that your SWCG is oversized for your pool..

How about the Jandy valves??? You will need an Intake valve, a return valve, as well as a valve to shut off or control the bubblers.

Thanks.

Jim R.

Being that you are in Miami and have no spa, do you want to spend $ on a heater? I would also add automation.
Edit - I skipped over your automation on your SWG line.

Being that you are in Miami and have no spa, do you want to spend $ on a heater? I would also add automation.

Might as well do it now, automation is part of the 2-in-1 part of the SWG

Most color led lights are low voltage and required pool approved step-down transformers. Not sure if your light are 120 volts or 12 volts, but something to follow up on.

While a 200 sq ft filter is ok, the bigger the filter is the less back pressure there is and the longer you can go between cleanings..

I like that you are getting a VS pump and that your SWCG is oversized for your pool..

How about the Jandy valves??? You will need an Intake valve, a return valve, as well as a valve to shut off or control the bubblers.

Thanks.

Jim R.

Thanks for the reply, not sure about the LEDs, need to research more, hopefully someone here can comment on that.
The filter, I read I should get 100st per every 10,000 gallons. I have 13,000 so I'm going two steps above to 200sq filter.
About the Valves, isn't that something that the plumber would take care of?

About the Valves, isn't that something that the plumber would take care of?

I guess my point was to make sure that Jandy valves are being used and not ball valves like I see on so many Florida pool..

I have never heard anyone say.. "Oh man my filter is too big and I don't get to clean it but once a year".. :mrgreen:

Whatever works for you, works for me, I was just throwing out ideas.. I have 17K pool and a 520 sq ft. filter..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Comes down to what you can fit and how much you want to spend ;)
Like Jim said, they easily go up to 512 sqft.

Is the pool going to be in a screen enclosure? If so, then 200 sqft could get you to a 1-2 cleanings per year.
It won't be. Following the rule of 100sq per 10,000 gallons that'd put be 130sq - how about I more than double that to 325sq feet at $675.00?

Whose rule is that? You can't have a general rule like that as it doesn't take into account climate or debris exposure or season length, or pump size, Etc.

Like I said I think 200 square feet is an adequate minimum, but the 325 might end up being more trouble free :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a 500sqft for a 14k pool and is just right biggest is best.

Be sure the maxflo can be controlled by the prologic automation I seem to recall it cannot be. The tristar would be my choice. And the plumber may use whatever is cheapest and probably will. Find out the plan to plumb and use jandy or pentair valves only

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.