Please check my SWG install plan :)

Oscar G.

Gold Supporter
Hello guys,

I have started working on my Circupool RJ-30 install and would like to know if my plan needs any changes etc. It seems pretty straightforward, I plan to install the cell and flow switch in the return line in the area circled in red in the second picture. The flow switch will be installed after the cell to allow enough straight pipe before the switch.

There are two parallel paths back to the pool for the venturi skimmer and the aerator. Is this an issue?

The Circupool manual cautions against having isolation valves in the return line that could cause a "dead head" condition in the cell and I plan to remove the one that is currently installed.

Also, I have ordered a K-1766 salt test kit and it should be in mid week but i would like to go ahead and get everything done except for powering the system. Is it ok the allow water to flow through the cell without power and prior to adding salt to the pool? Thanks for your help! :)

Attachments

• IMG_4196.jpg
    IMG_4196.jpg
    471.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4198.jpg
    IMG_4198.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 28
I see one issue. Not sure what the other features there are along side it. It should be in the supply line to that whole branch not just the one line. Also, I don't think you have room on that one line and you'll need to resort to the kit they Sell for that purpose or create your own.

I see one issue. Not sure what the other features there are along side it. It should be in the supply line to that whole branch not just the one line. Also, I don't think you have room on that one line and you'll need to resort to the kit they Sell for that purpose or create your own.

Thanks for the reply!

"Not sure what the other features there are along side it" The other lines are for the aerator and venturi skimmer. The pipe I was going to install it in is the only line to the actual returns, so the vast majority of what would be flowing through this line.

"It should be in the supply line to that whole branch not just the one line" I originally planned on installing it in this line and have the fittings if I go that route, but trying to make it a little easier if possible...

Last edited:
Oscar.

You do not normally install a flow switch where the water flows down... This is because gravity can cause the switch to close...

If this were my pool, I would be installing the cell in the line leaving the filter, either by making a horizontal loop of some kind, or a vertical loop. If vertical, I would makes sure the flow switch is placed in the pipe with the upwards flow..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I think the whole branch makes the most sense. You want all water returning to pool to be chlorinated as much as possible otherwise it will fluctuate
I see what you are saying, that’s what I’ll do. Thank you!

Oscar.

You do not normally install a flow switch where the water flows down... This is because gravity can cause the switch to close...

If this were my pool, I would be installing the cell in the line leaving the filter, either by making a horizontal loop of some kind, or a vertical loop. If vertical, I would makes sure the flow switch is placed in the pipe with the upwards flow..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yes that makes sense. I’m gonna elbow down out of the filter and then back up so I’ll have room to fit the cell and flow switch in the line with flow moving up. Thanks for the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.