Playlists

Bosley

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Nov 23, 2018
Edmonton, alberta
Starting to get tired of the same music in my playlists. What is everyone listening to poolside these days? I grew up in the 70s/80s so old rock is up my alley but also listen to new stuff. Never been a big country fan.

been surfing alot of the apple playlists and it always seems to turn into 16 year old girl party music hahaha
Always play to your audience. Oh look !!! Another Taylor Swift song, That makes 9 in a row.

I imagine the ads are for Starbucks and AirPods. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Bosley
I subscribe to Pandora Plus. This $5/month level of subscription eliminates ads but doesn't allow creating playlists; that would double the monthly cost to $10. But I have been in the habit of giving "thumbs up" to songs I like as they randomly play. A couple of years ago, I learned that Pandora Plus creates a channel called "Thumbprint Radio" containing all the songs (300 or so) I thumbs-upped. I played this at my last (pre-pandemic) pool party and everyone liked it despite it being a little heavy on the Grateful Dead.

Although our pool isn't done, we have speakers throughout the house and outside. We are always jamming music.

With that being said. Music is a mood. We usually kick off the morning with oldies/mowtown. Afternoons more upbeat with classic rock or 90's alternative, Yacht rock. Evening will mellow out with some Jack Johnson, Tycho, 7and5 or UB40.

I know my companies music taste. I'm game for playing what they like.

Reactions: Bosley

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've been playing Pandora Radio, Beach Boys Radio. It has music from the 50s, 60s, 70s & 80s, and the thing I like is that if something comes on that I don't like, I give it a thumbs down, then from this feedback it learns what I like and eventually, I only hear songs I like. I keep an old tablet down at the pool connected to an Anker waterproof Bluetooth speaker. That tablet is used for my Pool Math app & Pandora Radio.

I have an Onkyo receiver near the pool in a weatherproof cabinet that I built connected to a pair of Polk Atrium 8 speakers. The receiver connects to my home network via WiFi. On one of the network servers in my house, I have over 400 gig of MP3 files. I create themed playlists (typically upbeat 50's and 60's rock as we and many of our friends are in our 60's and 70's) for the receiver to play the files from the server. I can use my phone to control the receiver and pick playlists or albums or songs to play.

I have zero clue what music I’m into anymore, looking at my most frequently played music it includes the following. You figure it out……
  • Garth Brooks
  • Kid Rock
  • BB King
  • Billy Joel
  • 2-PAC
  • Fort Minor
  • Johnny Cash
  • Naturally 7
I have NO idea what’s wrong with me 😂

I made a playlist of songs and it hits 60's-90's. Maybe a few from the 00-10's. I basically stopped listening to current music once I hit 30 yrs old. I guess I'm becoming stuck in my era. 🤣

And yes I have a strange playlist... John Lennon, kenny rogers, johnny cash, bush, garth brooks, ccr, sia, billy joel, hamilton soundtrack 🤣, aerosmith, madonna. Lots of one hit wonders. I even have 2 christmas songs on there... my playlist is "poolside"...

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.