Plastic "Film" under decking

Yarzy

Bronze Supporter
Jul 16, 2020
Chalfont, PA
Hi everyone

I have what I think may be a simple question. There is under my cantilever decking, above the skimmer opening what looks like a thicker plastic wrap that sometimes falls down. My guess is it either fell out or was never tucked into the plastic coping that separates the glass tile and cantilever overhang. Can I cut this at this point? Was it just there to hold the wet decking until it dried over the skimmer opening? I don't want to cut it if it is needed but it does not seem to be doing anything at all. Let me know if this makes sense at all and your thoughts. Thanks!

Post pics of the coping and plastic hanging out.

Ahh, that is perfect... So there should be a plate of metal or something holding up that piece of coping... They did your coping correct for a cantilever coping as far as using plastic so the coping can move..

As for if it can be removed I think it can but I am not 100% positive so I will not say what to do.. :)

I think you would be fine cutting it out from around the skimmer mouth. But I would first try using spray adhesive and tacking it up to the plate over the skimmer mouth.

I will try and determine what the material is on the other side of the plastic. I almost think it is just the underside of the decking, but I will confirm. I guess I could try to get some stainless small metal rod and flex it up and bend it so it wedges it up as well.

I know nothing about pool building but I can't think of a good reason to leave it myself. In my mind
it seems like something that would just collect moisture and grow mold and bacteria. I ultimately would
have already removed it before I even had enough sense to even ask. Good on your for being cautious.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.