Rogers, Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
This season I started noticing a light brown to light tan staining on some areas of my plaster. My pool is only 1.5 years old and I keep up well with balancing and brushing. My only struggle has been PH which I am constantly bringing down from 8.0. I've brushed it and nothing happens. I'm considering testing for metals since I've read copper and iron can be possible causes.
Any other ideas? If I test for metals is there a kit you recommend?

I have included a pictures (don't mind the debris i'm vacuuming currently)
Current Levels
FC: 4.5
CC: 0
CYA: 60
CA: 170
Salt: 3500
ALK: 80
PH: 7.4

IMG_5602.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5604.jpeg
    IMG_5604.jpeg
    401.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5602.jpeg
    IMG_5602.jpeg
    338.1 KB · Views: 2
Read...

Read...

That article does not have any pictures - so it doesn't really help identify. I have similar spotchy spots. The unhelpful comment I got from the pool people was plaster just does that with age, you should have gotten a different finish. So are there pictures of the various stains to help with identification, or is it just try and see what works? I did try the chlorine tab on what I knew was an organic spot - now I have a yellow circle in my deep end where the tab sat. Any thoughts on that?

You try it and see what lifts the stain.

How long did you let the tablet sit for? You should only put it on the stain for a few minutes 2 to 3.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.