Plaster Repair

May 15, 2012
SE Texas
About 6 years ago I had my 20,000 gallon IG gunite pool replastered. At the end of this last summer I noticed that I had two places where the plaster was cracking badly and ended up having a "pothole" in the plaster (shallow pothole!). I would say the area is about 2-3' in diameter and only as deep as the plaster was thick. The bad places are not really near each other. I suspect that this is the area they jack hammered through when they were doing the plaster for the hydro static relief. The company that did my work is a large Houston pool replaster company. I contacted them but the warranty was for two years.

I really don't want to spend a large amount of money repairing the plaster. I think out time with the pool is winding down and I'm considering filling it in. It would be a shame to do that right now as the rest of the pool is in decent shape and the plaster overall is in decent shape.

Does anybody know of any way I can buy a small amount of plaster (either pre-mix or other) that I can use to repair these spots? I would of course plan on draining the pool. It doesn't have to be perfect but I would like something to last 1-3 more years.

Thank you for your knowledge. I have some pictures of the plaster and holes but they didn't turn out real well as the bad places are under ~4-5' of water.

Here is a picture of what the bad spot looks like. I'm guesstimating that it's about the size of a basketball in diameter. Hard to say exactly since it's 4-5 ft underwater. Excuse the grass etc, I had just finished mowing and hadn't yet cleaned the clippings.

Attachments

• pool plaster 1.jpg
    pool plaster 1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 66
  • pool plaster 2.jpg
    pool plaster 2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 66
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.