Plaster Removal

Neener

Aug 23, 2019
Lafayette, Louisiana
Hi everyone, new guy here....

So we're buying a house with a neglected 20'x40'x9.5' pool. Had an inspector come out yesterday to look it over and give a quote on the resurface. Overall it was exactly as we thought only real issue was the pool needed to be resurfaced. The quote came in at 15k for removal of the old and in with the new with another 5k for the tile and coping. The home we'd be buying is a bit older and we'd like to do some other upgrades but spending this on the pool will eat up a good chunk of our planned budget.

So my question is...What does it take to remove the old plaster? Is this something I could do myself, or at least the majority and have the pool contractor come in after I do the majority of the work? Not sure if they'd even agree to this but he was saying the bulk of the expense is all the labor involved. I have plenty of handy friends that would come help for a few cold refreshments after so I think I could do this, I'm just having a hard time finding what's all involved.

Thanks!

Hi everyone, new guy here....

So we're buying a house with a neglected 20'x40'x9.5' pool. Had an inspector come out yesterday to look it over and give a quote on the resurface. Overall it was exactly as we thought only real issue was the pool needed to be resurfaced. The quote came in at 15k for removal of the old and in with the new with another 5k for the tile and coping. The home we'd be buying is a bit older and we'd like to do some other upgrades but spending this on the pool will eat up a good chunk of our planned budget.

So my question is...What does it take to remove the old plaster? Is this something I could do myself, or at least the majority and have the pool contractor come in after I do the majority of the work? Not sure if they'd even agree to this but he was saying the bulk of the expense is all the labor involved. I have plenty of handy friends that would come help for a few cold refreshments after so I think I could do this, I'm just having a hard time finding what's all involved.

Thanks!

We paid $1,500 for a full sandblast down to the gunite. Took about a half day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.