Plaster Question

Auggie1020

Jan 30, 2018
Atlanta
I have a 25K gallon pool that is lined with tradiional plaster. I am not sure how old the plaster is. I can see some, what I would describe as "scuff marks" and I have posted a picture below. My questions is: Do I have to get this plaster redone to avoid a leak or is this just cosmetic. I don't have a good idea as to how thick the plaster is and what additional problems if any, I may be risking if I dont't get his done right away. Also, are there ways to patch this without emptying the pool and redoing all of the plaster. If it is cosmetic only, I may opt to put it off for a while, as it doesn't really bother me. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks. IMG_3317.jpg

If the dark area in the picture is Shotcrete then it needs to be patched to maintain the pools ability to be water tight.
Patching the trouble spots will buy you time till the entire pool plaster needs to be replaced.
A leaking pool is dangerous.
This is one of many types of plaster patch that can be used underwater.

Attachments

• FD9F85A7-A771-4A84-AFA6-2F9FDE8BBE1B.jpg
    FD9F85A7-A771-4A84-AFA6-2F9FDE8BBE1B.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.