Plaster pool repair/renovation

Sep 19, 2016
Phoenix
Noticed a funny "eggshell" type crack in my pool floor. I include 2 photos. The pool is 25 years old and I'm in Phoenix.

Looking for some advice on 1) what it will take to fix it, and 2) assuming the pool needs to be drained to repair, should it be put off until a cooler time?

Thanks in advance for your help.pool2.jpgpool1.jpg

Looks like an area of delamination.

Keep an eye on the amount of fill water your pool needs and if it is leaking water out. If you have a leak and how much water you are losing will tell you if the fix can wait. Excessive CYA loss can also indicate a leak.

Thanks Allen. Seems to be no water loss or any chemistry problem in the 5 days since I noticed this (it may have been there much longer...it's not noticeable till you look for it). I'm also thinking it can wait but I'm wondering who to approach for a fix (pool re-plasterers?) and what it's gonna cost....

Waking up this thread and I attach a picture of the plaster damage at bottom of the pool as seen today. (Ignore a few leaves floating on the surface.) After researching re-plastering I was concerned that I'd be sold a big remodel. But two estimators told me they could simply repair the plaster. Drain/repair/refill $600-700 after the AZ heat ends. Does this sound right?pool 9_9_22.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.