Plaster pictures and suggestions please. New build in Houston.

amch17

Mar 2, 2019
Cypress TX
We are in the process of building a pool. Basically ready to start plaster, we had decided to do Quartzscape in Tahoe Blue (trying to stay away from pebble because of roughness) and just now our pool builder suggested going lighter because of the chance of discoloration. Wondering if the experts can give us any suggestions. Should we stick to the color we wanted or go lighter? Our PB suggested doing Quartzscape Blue or Super Blue.

If you have any of the above in your pool, could you share a picture? I tried searching for older threads but nothing came up.

Attachments

• ZZkOZKlxS4iCumeh2jEYnA.jpg
    ZZkOZKlxS4iCumeh2jEYnA.jpg
    550.7 KB · Views: 84
Always go lighter if you want to reduce the chance of noticeable mottling. We recently refinished our pool with Bella Blue Pebble Fina and if I were to do it all over again, I would have gone with the Cielo Blue instead. Cielo blue is closer to Quartzscapes Blue and Super Blue (since it has a lighter base). Tahoe Blue has a grey base which is like our Bella Blue.

Pebble Fina Pool Finishes - Pebble Tec

The mottling isn't too severe but it is noticeable on overcast days and/or early evening. See my original post here, with a subsequent Youtube video two years later:

New Pebble Fina Concern

We went with the only local certified Pebbletec installer, but it didn't matter. The contract will probably include a mottling clause and it will be considered "normal" appearance.

Last edited:
Always go lighter if you want to reduce the chance of noticeable mottling. We recently refinished our pool with Bella Blue Pebble Fina and if I were to do it all over again, I would have gone with the Cielo Blue instead. Cielo blue is closer to Quartzscapes Blue and Super Blue (since it has a lighter base). Tahoe Blue has a grey base which is like our Bella Blue.

Pebble Fina Pool Finishes - Pebble Tec

The mottling isn't too severe but it is noticeable on overcast days and/or early evening. See my original post here, with a subsequent Youtube video two years later:

New Pebble Fina Concern

We went with the only local certified Pebbletec installer, but it didn't matter. The contract will probably include a mottling clause and it will be considered "normal" appearance.
Thank you so much! This helps a lot.

I have super blue from diamond write. search for my thread and you will see a lot of pics of my water. my pics also in the show me plaster color thread. it's a white base so it is very forgiving. If I did it again i would go white base again.

Thank you Jimim! We went with Super Blue, they did it all today. Plaster, sanding, acid and now water.
PB said no need to wait to swim, thoughts?

Attachments

• Nyh6rh%cT7O9B07mY4kYHQ.jpg
    Nyh6rh%cT7O9B07mY4kYHQ.jpg
    502.4 KB · Views: 87
  • XCl2+7ruTo+X6BNGsMdHIA.jpg
    XCl2+7ruTo+X6BNGsMdHIA.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: PJM2
I was told the same. I waited 3 weeks cause I’m nuts. My theory was if u can’t use a vac cause of the wheels making marks I don’t want my nut ball kids in there then. Lol every Day with my builder came by because he lives right next to me he kept saying “Your poor kids”! But ya I was told use it when you want.

Yours looks just like mine when it was empty and filling. If u look at my pics you will see how the player color changes and you brush. I brushed 2 times a day for 3 weeks then. Everyday for that first season till I closed. I now brush every other day.

• Haha
Reactions: amch17
Besure to post some pics when filled. We are going over finishes this week and are leaning towards a lighter blue. Also, is that stamped concrete for decking? Do you know the pattern name and what release color they used? I may be stealing that look as well as the stacked stone around the spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.