Plaster guys left with no instruction

Mgvandewark

Jun 22, 2019
San Antonio, Texas
Today our plaster was done. We chose Prism Matrix Kaleidoscope. After they applied it, they just left. No instructions on if they were coming back or if we fill the pool with water. Out supervisor is no where to be found. They left lights hanging out of the pool, but a cardboard box inside. Do we fill the pool now? I thought they had to acid wash the plaster and then we fill? Can anyone help? Of course the supervisor is not answering us and the PB said they were trying to get a hold of him. This is INFURIATING!

It doesn’t sound like the pool is ready for water. Leave it in the PBs lap.

See page 2

Serenity Stone, Signature, Prism, Pearl and Satin Matrix are a 2-day process. Your finish may appear hazy and uneven even after day 1. The crew will be out on day 2 to perform an acid wash to remove the residue on the pool surface.

Reactions: Mgvandewark
Thank you! We researched Wet Edge and found the start up instructions. This would have been very nice to know PRIOR to starting or the plaster crew leaving. The communication from this PB is ridiculous. We are almost done and I cannot wait to GET RID OF THESE GUYS!!

Our plaster finished yesterday and I was watching the crew on my security cameras from my office at work. The crew packed up and left without filling the pool. I was wondering the same thing, should I call home and have my son start filling?

Fortunately, I was able to get a hold of my PB and he advised me that a separate crew (guy) would be coming to do an acid wash and that he would start filling the pool when he finished. We have a Quartzscape finish, so not sure if your finish would be the same as far as needing an acid wash before filling?

Our plaster finished yesterday and I was watching the crew on my security cameras from my office at work. The crew packed up and left without filling the pool. I was wondering the same thing, should I call home and have my son start filling?

Fortunately, I was able to get a hold of my PB and he advised me that a separate crew (guy) would be coming to do an acid wash and that he would start filling the pool when he finished. We have a Quartzscape finish, so not sure if your finish would be the same as far as needing an acid wash before filling?

The acid wash is specific to finishes with aggregate mixed in. The surface gets acid washed to expose more of the aggregate. Plain plaster simply gets filled after its applied.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.