Plaster completed finally

What did you think of the color before you knew it was the wrong one? Seems like you didn't notice. So if you like it, I would say you'll keep it but they need to give you a discount. If you don't like it, you're going to be living with it for a long time, so I vote for replaster.

Fwiw my pool builder knew we were on the fence, offered a little bit as settlement, then offered more after I told them to change it.

It sounds like you know the process to change it. If you do change it, they will likely only chip out the plaster near the tile and around fittings but keep most of the old plaster. This can be good or bad - I think most on this forum would prefer to chip out all the plaster because it minimizes risk of peeling of plaster layers. But done correctly the second layer should bind well to the first and you have double the water proofing layer. There’s opportunity for more to go wrong during this processs - the demo crew damaged a lot of our glass tile and we had to have all of the waterline tile replaced. We also had a damaged light niche that leaked and had to be repaired. Then, the second coating of plaster had some install issues and had to be repolished (ours is a polished plaster).

Even with all that happening we are glad that we had them change the plaster. Granted, we went from picking out a white base to them installing a blue base. Big difference. If it was between two shades of blue we probably would’ve made the decision to keep with the color.

All im saying is trust your gut and don’t look back. If you know you don’t like the color, change it b/c it is something that’s going to last with you 15-20 years. $8k now might seem small over a long time horizon.

Reactions: Newdude
day one after the pool was filled and before the pump was turned on.I liked the color, It hasn’tlook that clear since, as it is still curing . The difference between the 2 shades is one is light and the other is darker. Honestly had they mentioned cadet blue in my warranty paperwork, I would’ve continued on thinking and saying plaster is Caribbean because that is what Is in my contract.

I think I am more ****** at the fact that the most important part of the pool, the finish was not what I ordered and the fix is not a simple one which has so many opportunities for them to screw up additional items.

I don’t have confidence they will get it right, removal, prep, replaster.

It's gonna be some time either way. Let it settle, let the water clear up, and go from there.

No rush in getting the plaster redone. Live with it for a season and decide what you want to do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.