Plaster around Globrites cracking

thptrek

Bronze Supporter
Dec 18, 2014
Houston, TX
As you can see in the pictures, the plaster just outside of the white ring of the lights has a couple of spots where it has deteriorated and is starting to flake off. I am not noticing any big water losses so I don't think it is leaking bad (for now). These are Pentair LED lights about 5 years old. The are on our pool bench and sit in about 2 feet of water.

How can I seal that area so it doesn't get worse? The Pentair leds don't really change color anymore and I can see moisture in the lens. I know these lights have a high failure rate.

Attachments

• IMG_0776.jpeg
    IMG_0776.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0777.jpeg
    IMG_0777.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 8
The plaster can be repaired with pool putty. Problem is color, most likely will not match.

If the Globrites are not working and you see rust inside them, you should remove them as the rust will get into the pool and stain. Mine did. I would check with Florida Sunseeker for a better quality light.

For the small repair around the housing I don't think matching color will be a big deal. I'll check out Forida SunSeeker. The Pentair lights are expensive and as we all know, are not made well.

Going to order the Atlas Pool Putty to fix those problem areas before they grow larger.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.