Plaster Acid Wash concern.

Bperego15

Sep 23, 2019
Houston
Hi All- I am new to the Forum and have owned a gunite pool with just basic white plaster. During a recent store the flood waters got into the pool. I have drained and started to acid wash using Muratic Acid in a garden sprayer. When I rinsed the first section it almost gave it a cracker look. However there are not visually cracks to the touch. They seem to fade as it drys. Any insight would be helpful. Picture attached.

Attachments

• 52CD6539-A4FC-44EE-A75C-DF5DF5B8997C.jpeg
    52CD6539-A4FC-44EE-A75C-DF5DF5B8997C.jpeg
    387 KB · Views: 30
  • 8E57148B-8831-430B-A4E6-27B205E96B50.jpeg
    8E57148B-8831-430B-A4E6-27B205E96B50.jpeg
    330 KB · Views: 30
Welcome to the forum!
What conditions are pointing you towards doing an acid wash? It is not a good idea to do any type of acid wash unless it is a last resort due to scale buildup. It will reduce the life of your plaster substantially.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Also, having an empty pool in Houston is very risky. Ground water levels could easily pop the pool shell out of the ground.

Welcome to the forum!
What conditions are pointing you towards doing an acid wash? It is not a good idea to do any type of acid wash unless it is a last resort due to scale buildup. It will reduce the life of your plaster substantially.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
We had some staining around the edges that I wanted to get rid of. We traditionally use the BBB method with very little chemicals. I figured I would give it a try.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.