Planning purchasing a pool robot

h2oluver2k2

May 4, 2015
Tulsa/ OK
So I'm getting ready to purchase a pool robot. I've done some research , read reviews on here, Amazon, etc. I believe I've decided on the Dolphin ZX5. Is there any other brand or model I should reconsider? This will be my first robot so I'm unfamiliar with them. Anyway, anything else I should reevaluate, like Aquabot or any other of the multitude of cleaners available?

tim5055

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 11, 2014
Franklin, NC
Are you sure that's not the Z5? Or with the model year change is that the newer version of the Z5. In either case, many of us here have different versions of the Dolphin models and anecdotal evidence shows they are good units. I've had my M5 for over a year and am still very happy.

h2oluver

Mar 26, 2015
Tulsa/Oklahoma
Are you sure that's not the Z5? Or with the model year change is that the newer version of the Z5. In either case, many of us here have different versions of the Dolphin models and anecdotal evidence shows they are good units. I've had my M5 for over a year and am still very happy.
Ah yes my bad it is the Z5. I was a bit hung over this morning posting that.

tim5055

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 11, 2014
Franklin, NC
The Z5 is the on line version of the M5 that I have. Minor differences in the two,units for,the different sales networks. Were I to buy one again it would probably be the Z5.

Divin Dave

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 2, 2013
Longview, Texas
My Dolphin isnt as advanced as the Z5, but its a great robot anyhow.

The general consensus as I see it, is that Dolphin makes a good product. Very few are dissatisfied.

h2oluver

Mar 26, 2015
Tulsa/Oklahoma
My Dolphin isnt as advanced as the Z5, but its a great robot anyhow.

The general consensus as I see it, is that Dolphin makes a good product. Very few are dissatisfied.

That is what I seemed to find. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something else. Makes me feel better about spending that chunk of change!

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.