Jun 26, 2017
Tulsa, OK
Current test results.
FC 8
CC 0.5
pH 7.7
TA 70
CH 175
CYA 40 - 50 (tested at 40 ten days ago. Added stabilizer to bring up to 50. Had a few inches of rain. Will test again this week)
CSI -0.24

Currently we are using about 3.5 - 4 ppm even with no one using the pool. Not sure if that is normal, but the temperature is also in the upper 90s. Water temperature about 85 - 88F.

pH keeps creeping up and we add acid once a week to bring it down to 7.3 or 7.4,

We will be gone for 2 weeks. We are planning to fill up a floater with pucks and run the pump about 8 hours a day. (No one to add liquid chlorine)
Should we do any adjustments to CH (is on the low side now), pH or TA before the vacation?

Thanks

Any way to cover the pool also? If you could do that you could run the pump under the cover but fewer hours. The FC you have would remain much longer. Remember that the pucks will add more CYA, but you'll be able to manage that with your testing I'm sure.

This is where a salt water generator really comes in handy! I've closed the cover on my pool and left everything running for as much as 17 days and come home to a clear, clean pool.

Have a wonderful trip. Don't fret about the pool, and remember its all fixable if things do go south....

Maddie :flower:

This is what we did. Added a couple of gallons to bring the level to 11 - 12 ppm. pH was at 7.6 and TA was at 80. CYA was 40. Loaded a floater with pucks and tossed it in.

Loaded another floater with pucks and left it outside in a cover. Had a friend come after a week to toss that in the pool. When we got back after two weeks, water was still crystal clear. The first floater was completely dry, but the second had about 1/4 of the pucks inside.

CL 2ppm
TA 70
pH 7.7
CYA 40 (confused with this - not sure why it did not rise with the pucks)
CH 175 (remained the same)

Pump was set to run 6 hours a day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.