Plan for balancing water in In-laws pool

NYAVGUY

Jul 14, 2014
New York
So my in-laws pool person started out the season about a month ago by draining and re-fillin the pool instead of shocking to remove algea. Now they told them they need a new cell as it is not producing chlorine. It is only three seasons old (12-months of use). I took the cell to a local store and it passed the test and does work, just needs a little cleaning from unbalance water... (pool person dishonest y, or ignorance about need for salt, not sure)

My plan of attack is to Adjust TA and PH with muriaric acid and shock pool (water is clear with some visible green algea). After TA and PH are correct I will slowly bring CH and CYA up to proper levels.

I will then do a phosphate treatment to finish things off (I know there are mixed opinions on that within the forum, please no judgement)

TF-100 results below. Salt was from a digit meter at pool store as it was not showing on test strip.

==========================================

------------------------------------------
Build Type: Plaster
Volume: 25000 gallons
------------------------------------------
Latest Test Result Summary:
FC: 2.0 (yesterday)
CC: 0.5 (yesterday)
pH: 8.0 (yesterday)
TA: 120 (yesterday)
CH: 50 (yesterday)
CYA: 30 (yesterday)
SALT: 300 (yesterday)
TEMPERATURE: 78° (yesterday)
CSI: -0.14 (yesterday)
==========================================

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.