Placing pavers question?

Jun 14, 2014
pittsburgh
I thinking about placing pavers around the entire perimeter instead of just under the legs to keep the bottom track out of the dirt/sand.

I'm considering this because I'm replacing a 24' round pool that had about 3 sections of track totally rot away. I figure if I place 8x2x16's under the entire track this will help preserve it; keeping water from laying and pooling around it over the years.

Any downside to this?

Downside would be lots of labor, lol. The payers may help some, but definitely won't prevent water from being in contact with the bottom rails. The block will still be damp from being on the ground, with rain and splashout. It is also recommended to backfill a little around the bottom rails to prevent sand washout from under the liner. I assume the new rails are metal as well? Could you give the bottom rails a good coat of rust preventative spray paint?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.