Silver Supporter
Dec 18, 2018
Chandler, AZ
Here is my plumbing:

AF1QipN6pI9qPBH2SfI3MMOWcs-c2_xIDlsD4fkzeSU
5a6u1PJsMvguZDGv8
plumbing.jpg

Questions:

1) Any idea what the missing piece with the broken valve might be?

2) I keep hearing paint it, don't paint it... should I? Or not? Or use a special paint, or ???

3) When I go to empty the pump basket, a bunch of water gurgles away. I think I should close a valve, but... which one?

4) Any obvious "Oh my God, your kanuten valve is backwards you fool, it's gonna blow!" issues?

It looks like they had some device there, that was removed, and rather the cap the lines, they closed the valve and busted the handle off. Definitely not the proper way to do this, they should have capped off the lines, which would prevent dirt and bugs from going in the empty pipes, and if that valve ever fails.....

It looks like they had some device there, that was removed, and rather the cap the lines, they closed the valve and busted the handle off. Definitely not the proper way to do this, they should have capped off the lines, which would prevent dirt and bugs from going in the empty pipes, and if that valve ever fails.....

Good point. I have a feeling maybe that's where the manifold or connection for the ozone generator was.

1) Given there is a pipe in the ground too, my guess is that used to be the supply for a pressure side cleaner booster pump. The pipe in the ground most likely goes to a pool side port somewhere.

2) Either way. It is mostly cosmetic.

3) Normal. Air is traveling through the pump basket into the filter and the filter is draining.

2) My 2 cents: I asked my superintendent the same question on painting. He said for serviceability, cost and hassle, they don’t paint their pad plumbing. When they come back on service calls that require pipe surgery, it just makes for an extra step of cleaning off old paint to make clean pvc welds and repainting the new pipes.

1) Without guessing, i can tell you that its not for a pressure side cleaner, it is for a venturi injector manifold for your delzone ozonator, as far as the broken red handled 3/4'' jandy ball valve is concerned as long as it is in off position it will be fine, it will not fail, other than maybe getting a drip out of the end, or the shaft handle, as far as the pipe on the ground go to home depot and get a pvc slip cap and just tap it on, wont need glue.

2) The pipes were already painted by the builder when new, you can touch up the pipe areas that were replaced when the pump was either replaced or repaired, and restore a more completed paint look to everything, or leave it like it is.

3) Normal, normal, normal.

4) None that i can see.

I would charge around $150.00 to eliminate the ozone tee if it bugs you seeing it the way it is, takes about an hour to cut return manifold off, and ram-bit the piece of pipe out of the fitting connected to the ozone tee on the left side of the ozone tee on manifold (aerator tee) and glue a few pvc fittings,.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.