Pipe repair help

E Murph

Bronze Supporter
May 10, 2016
Middletown, Pennsylvania
Hello. Since switching to this system I no longer use my Hayward chlorinator. It started to leak so I decided to take it out. Sadly I've made a mess of it. There were some holes in the pipe where the fittings went. I cut that section out and replaced a small piece of pipe with a repair coupling but it is leaking. I think I know what I did. I used regular 2" pvc fittings. I believe I should have used a longer fitting? I noticed after I did it that the elbows and joints have different fittings than what I got at lowes? Maybe they are made for pressure and what I have is made for drains? If so where can I buy the correct fittings? Also is the purple primer and pvc cement ok to use? Or do I need something else? I know I will have to cut a bigger section out to remove my bad work.
Thanks for the help!!!

All pool plumbing should be Schedule 40 PVC. There is also a thinner walled type of PVC tubing and fittings that is used for Drain/Waste/Vent (DWV) applications; that PVC is not rated for pool use.

Perhaps if you post some pictures of why you have, some of the plumbing experts can help guide you better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.