North Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hi, I’m going to upgrade some of my pool equipment and cannot figure out one pipe. Specifically the 3/4” pipe next to the blower, which comes out of a tee from the skimmer line. It looks to have a threaded cap in the end. Any idea what this might’ve been for?
Also, any general suggestions for improving the plumbing or equipment placement? I’ll be adding pump unions and replacing SWG unions anyway. The lonely pump operates 3x sheer descents. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3025.jpeg
    IMG_3025.jpeg
    818.1 KB · Views: 7
Hi, I’m going to upgrade some of my pool equipment and cannot figure out one pipe. Specifically the 3/4” pipe next to the blower, which comes out of a tee from the skimmer line. It looks to have a threaded cap in the end. Any idea what this might’ve been for?

Nope.

Also, any general suggestions for improving the plumbing or equipment placement? I’ll be adding pump unions and replacing SWG unions anyway.

Why?

As to why,
Fence company broke pipes underground, tried fixing them with tape, and filled them with mud. Have to dig up and cut out anyway. Unions would be good for later. And one of the SWG unions is cracked.
Also want to add a heater bypass so I can drain everything but the main pump for Texas’ deep freezes that seem to be continuing.

You pretty much have to replumb the entire pad to make any significant changes.

Move the pump to the left to get a straight pipe into it. But you cannot due to the heater piping. So that needs to be redone and maybe the heater moved.

Rotate the filter 90 degrees clockwise so the pipe from the pump can have a straight run into it.

Move the filter to the right so the SWG can have straight pipe into it.

All these things have a ripple effect. I don't think it is worth it to do more then you need to do.

Reactions: wgmamc11