Pipe attached to multivalve is leaking pool water

Mendy48

Bronze Supporter
Apr 27, 2018
Midland, MI
I noticed that the pipe attached to the multivalve is leaking as seen in pic #1. With that, the water level in the pool is decreasing faster than it should. I mean, living in the west cost right now, the water level should NOT go down this fast. Pic #2 shows the outline of were the water level decreased in just one weeks time.

We are currently under 50 degrees in the West coast, with Freeze advisory yesterday, so I know that this is not due to evaporation of water.

Thus, is it possible that this is coming from the leaking pipe? If so, how can I fix this?

Attachments

• IMG_5698.jpeg
    IMG_5698.jpeg
    408.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5699.jpeg
    IMG_5699.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 19
Mendy, I'm not so sure the pool water loss is 100% from that connection. I will say that even in our TX winters when the temps are in the 40s for example, I can still see my water level drop and a lot has to do with wind. While the MVP drip probably should be fixed at some point, there's no union so that might be a bit of a pain when the time comes. Be prepared to install unions. But for the pool, you might try a bucket test to see if there is any correlation to that water level drop. Hopefully it's not related to that drip or worse yet a leak at the liner somewhere.

Reactions: Mendy48
Mendy, I'm not so sure the pool water loss is 100% from that connection. I will say that even in our TX winters when the temps are in the 40s for example, I can still see my water level drop and a lot has to do with wind. While the MVP drip probably should be fixed at some point, there's no union so that might be a bit of a pain when the time comes. Be prepared to install unions. But for the pool, you might try a bucket test to see if there is any correlation to that water level drop. Hopefully it's not related to that drip or worse yet a leak at the liner somewhere.

It's been massively windy in my area. Thus, I'm assuming that this wind is the rational behind the pool water decreasing. I don't see any leaks anywhere else except for the pipe I showed earlier. I added water to the pool for an hour or more (on Monday night) to get the pool back up the level I wanted. It looks to be steady right now and it's Wednesday. Thus, this is telling me that the wind had a lot to do with water lost??? I learn something new everyday. Wind and Sun (evaporation) can decrease the water level in the pool?

Reactions: Texas Splash
I have seen my pool drop an inch a day when it is very windy here in California while, in normal conditions where I live the evaporation rate is about an inch a week. During the drought all the local water companies asked us in the business to recommend pool owners use either a bubble cover (heavy, un-wieldy) or liquid solar covers. The liquid works very well at keeping heat in the water by slowing evaporation and saving water. I have used it for more than 15 years to good success.

Reactions: Mendy48
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.