How's the pool so far??

Overall...good. Apparently we're the only people he has who have an in floor cleaning system AND a SWCG AND a heat pump AND Intellicenter...getting them all working together has been a bit of a challenge and we're still working on it. (I'm also apparently the only one of A&A In floor's customers who don't want the pop ups to constantly be on...he told me they have 10,000 pools and no one else has a problem with it...). Wish I'd have found this site sooner and maybe not done the in floor thing...it should be nice when we heat the pool for better heat distribution, but obviously we haven't needed that yet. The in floor system leaves little piles of dirt in about 5 places...I spent 2 hours in the pool with a snorkel mask pushing everything to the drain (very carefully...push too hard and it flies right over the drain...push not enough to get it in just the right place and it doesn't go in). He's having the plumbing company come back out to find out why they installed a bypass that splits water between the heater and the SWCG...doesn't understand why they did that.

Having some challenges with the sub who built our gazebo to come back to finish, as well as things like oil drip stains on our paver driveway from the guys who put in the sod...stuff like that. We are definitely enjoying the pool, just ready for it all to be completely done. Honestly nothing very different than we've heard from everyone else building pools around here!

Reactions: Snikwah
Overall...good. Apparently we're the only people he has who have an in floor cleaning system AND a SWCG AND a heat pump AND Intellicenter...getting them all working together has been a bit of a challenge and we're still working on it. (I'm also apparently the only one of A&A In floor's customers who don't want the pop ups to constantly be on...he told me they have 10,000 pools and no one else has a problem with it...). Wish I'd have found this site sooner and maybe not done the in floor thing...it should be nice when we heat the pool for better heat distribution, but obviously we haven't needed that yet. The in floor system leaves little piles of dirt in about 5 places...I spent 2 hours in the pool with a snorkel mask pushing everything to the drain (very carefully...push too hard and it flies right over the drain...push not enough to get it in just the right place and it doesn't go in). He's having the plumbing company come back out to find out why they installed a bypass that splits water between the heater and the SWCG...doesn't understand why they did that.

Having some challenges with the sub who built our gazebo to come back to finish, as well as things like oil drip stains on our paver driveway from the guys who put in the sod...stuff like that. We are definitely enjoying the pool, just ready for it all to be completely done. Honestly nothing very different than we've heard from everyone else building pools around here!
Good to hear.. seems to be some issues, but nothing that can't be worked through. All the little frustrations can really add up though. Soon it will be a distant memory, I'm sure.

Yeah, I think JJ needs to had the high maintenance crown over... :LOL: ;)

Reactions: Poolmama!
Good to hear.. seems to be some issues, but nothing that can't be worked through. All the little frustrations can really add up though. Soon it will be a distant memory, I'm sure.

Yeah, I think JJ needs to had the high maintenance crown over... :LOL: ;)

And see this thread of mine! Pentair IC40 errors every 12 hours
Are you getting Intellicenter? It's new to everyone it seems, so still working through some issues.

Reactions: Snikwah and JJ_Tex
For a small PB, I was shocked to discover another client on here, let alone 2 in my first week.

Poolmama! - Since you are way ahead of us, feel free to share any pointers. Also what test kit does he provide?

Ok, we got the engineer's report back. Looks like I'm getting:

Helical piers every 10'
Soil stabilization injections
Additional steel/rebar on the back wall of the pool
Thicker gunite (8" minimum)

• Wow
Reactions: Snikwah

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok, we got the engineer's report back. Looks like I'm getting:

Helical piers every 10'
Soil stabilization injections
Additional steel/rebar on the back wall of the pool
Thicker gunite (8" minimum)
You are lucky. Our home builder buried 4 houses of trash in our backyard so all the soil was bad. They took out 40 trucks of dirt and brought in 40 trucks of good dirt.
We also have 15 piers and 200 ft of retaining walls.

You are lucky. Our home builder buried 4 houses of trash in our backyard so all the soil was bad. They took out 40 trucks of dirt and brought in 40 trucks of good dirt.
We also have 15 piers and 200 ft of retaining walls.
Ouch, 40 truckloads. We got lucky and the piers hit bedrock just a few feet under our dig. I'm still waiting on the invoice, since they just finished up on Friday, but it should be less than the estimate. I'm sure I'll find plenty of ways to spend it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.