Pic upload from Safari/iOS10.3.1 iPhone 6+

domct203

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 3, 2015
CT
When trying to upload an image in a message reply I do not get the choice to upload from the device, only from URL.
75582710-B534-4787-87C1-7FD9567D358A_zpszdblqivx.jpg

When uploading an image in a post (like this one), I get the option to upload from the device, but I get an error that .png is the wrong file type, even though it is listed as the type of acceptable file:
CCEC4045-53CC-47C9-A7B7-F7DF34D8DBE2_zpsvv4jzur0.jpg

I'm thinking this has happened since the last iOS update, as it used to work correctly.

Sure.

When I am replying to a PM, if I click the little picture icon to insert a picture I get that window (in the first picture) that will only let me use a URL.

When starting or replying in a thread:
1. Click picture icon, the insert image box opens.
2. Select the "From Computer" tab.
3. Click the "Choose File" button. An iOS box opens for me to select the location of the file. I select my "Photo Library", then select the image to upload.
4. Click "Upload File"

As soon as I click Upload File I get the error message about the .png file extension.

Last edited:
We've never allowed attachments via PM thus the reason you're only seeing the option to use a URL.

The error for a png file is odd however mad I'll look further into this. Just to make sure however, you are clicking the little icon that looks like a picture frame not a camera correct?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.