Phosphates and implications...Sunday ponderings

There is something VERY odd about your results, to the point I’d really take a step back before doing anything. There’s no rush to remove the phosphates assuming you maintain the FC/CYA Levels however if your phosphates are at 6,000ppb then you may see some benefit from removing them.

This all said, let’s look at testing. Can you tell me how you’re preforming the test? Walk me through step by step??
Thank you Leebo.
I follow the Taylor instructions to the letter....first test I did was the 0 to 1000 ppb test.....solid dark blue. Did it again, same thing. THEN, did the 0 - 6000 ppb test. Same result.

For the 0-1000 test:
1. rinse/fill to 5ml (and I'm OCD so I get it almost perfectly)...water from about 18" below surface level.
2. 5 drops r-980....cap and mix it...wait 2 mins
3. add 1 drop r-7 and 1 drop r-981...and wait 1 min almost exactly.
4. color matching as it says on the card and also validated I was holding it right from youtube videos.

Almost exactly the same for the 0-6000 test, except 2 drops of r-981.

The pool is almost 1 year old....I maintain CSI well ( +- .3 )....

If having 6000 ppb (OR who knows, 15,000 ppb)......at which point do I need to truly get some phosphate remover? And if I then add phosphate remover, am I adding metals or other unwanted schtuff into my water?

Thanks so much for the replies!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.