Phoenix Area Pool Builder that can get it done in 6 months?

Rambodawg

Jan 28, 2022
Phoenix AZ
Having no luck finding a pool builder for a 15x25 rectangle pool in Surprise, AZ. Was close to signing with a larger area company who is also building another in the area. Got cold feet hearing how badly that project is going. They signed in February 2021, excavation done in August, rebar and plumbing done in September and still waiting for shotcrete with just a few days left before February 2022. Does anyone have a recommendation for a reliable outfit that can get it done without all the excuses and drama?

• Wow
Reactions: Nikilyn
Does anyone have a recommendation for a reliable outfit that can get it done without all the excuses and drama?

No.

Welcome to the COVID pandemic supply chain and services nightmare ... should end some time in 2029 ... maybe ....

Is it April 1st already? Get a pool done in under 6 months?! :laughblue:

One company (Backyard pools or something like that) claimed they build their pools in 45 days. That of course didn't include the loooooong waiting list just for the initial appointment. At the beginning of last summer it was four months.

Actual construction time will probably be 6 months, maybe even a bit less. However, with the boom in pool building during Covid, permitting time, material unavailability/backlogs, and any downtime, you're never going to get a pool builder to commit to 6 months right now. I'd think a year is more realistic from time of signing to actual completion.

Having no luck finding a pool builder for a 15x25 rectangle pool in Surprise, AZ. Was close to signing with a larger area company who is also building another in the area. Got cold feet hearing how badly that project is going. They signed in February 2021, excavation done in August, rebar and plumbing done in September and still waiting for shotcrete with just a few days left before February 2022. Does anyone have a recommendation for a reliable outfit that can get it done without all the excuses and drama?

Try Thunderbird Pools. Met the owners a while back and they seemed to have a squared away operation.

We are closing in on 200 days on our build, and I envision a few weeks to go. The PBs are slammed, as well as all the trades they subcontract to - excavators, concrete, utilities, soil test outfits, etc. Extremely hard to schedule. Plus, materials are often in short supply whether it be heaters, pumps, plastic fittings, or even concrete. Good luck, be patient!

Hey dawg and Welcome !!! Misery loves company and all, so if it helps any, my vinyl build which should take about 2 weeks was scheduled for last July. Still haven't broken ground and won't even think about it until the northeast warms up.

If it isn't builder backlog, it's supplies. Or both.

Look up HK Pools. He says he can deliver quickly. Worth a shot. [email protected]

I went the full by owner route. Had to wait 3 months to get excavation on the calendar but it helped me to line up the other contractors efficiently. There will be another lag with shotcrete as well.

our PB overpromised and under delivered ,, despite all the verbal BS they spewed before signing they could not even make the contractual expected deadline they had hidden in their contract ( they only provided us with those hidden pages when we started giving them grief about how long the pool sat .)
they missed that date by months anyway
manage your own pool build is my suggestion that's one thing my PB did not do lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Started excavating my OB Pool on August 12. It should be done by the end of October. The biggest hold up is ME the last month of weekends getting the deck area graded and drainage in. Concrete pour is October 8 when I'll finally be out of the way somewhat so the tile and plaster can be finished. The best price I got on the concrete and tile was a guy who works for a pool builder "moonlights" for another pool builder so his schedule is weekends and a few weekdays here and there but with me (and helpers from Home Depot) doing the grading and him working on the side it is saving at least $15k over other concrete quotes I have in my hand.

The "Premier" pool builder in the area quoted about $60k more than it is costing me to DIY it but at least they were somewhat honest about timing with start 6 to 8 weeks after contract signing and completion up to 4 months after that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.