PH won’t go up

If you have high TA, the pH will almost always be above 7.0.

Adding baking soda when the pH is below 7.0 has a significant effect on the pH.

Adding baking soda when the pH is between 7.0 and 8.0 has a moderate effect on the pH.

Adding baking soda when the pH is above 8.0 has almost no effect on the pH.

1687896399421.png

Reactions: mgtfp
I suspect that your original TA readings were not accurate.

You pretty much cannot have a 200 TA with a pH of 6.0, so one of the readings was not accurate.
I ordered another kit but won’t be here right away obviously. Ph appears accurate against cities current water reports vs my outdoor tap. They did not have alkalinity reported to check on

Reactions: JamesW
New kit received. Still have been running the setup the same way for aeration. Only ran the soaker hose / compressor for about 4 hours yesterday. I did add 12 pounds of baking soda back into the system following the unchanged pH and new low alkalinity readings on Tuesday morning.

Current levels

PH 7.6
Alkalinity 140-150
FC 5.5
CC less than 0.5 (just a slight off from clear, wouldn’t even call pink but could tell something was changed)
CYA 40 (bumped from 30 as I will be seeing rain supposedly for next 5 days starting this afternoon / high temps / the crappy air right now, and if not a lot of rain I will be adding 3-4” of water from tap)
Calcium 75

Will be cleaning filter today or early morning following a vac (little debris on bottom, nothing concerning. Filter pressure has not changed from starting pressure more than 1-2 PSI). Water still pretty cloudy but improved some from the white water mold. I can see the deep end drain again.

Should I add a small amount of acid to bring all where I want now, 90-100?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.