pH tester does not match drop test

brimorga

Gold Supporter
Aug 10, 2013
Campbell, Ca (near San Jose)
Moved from here.
I have a digital pH tester that goes up to 14. I calibrate it routinely so that it's accurate to 0.01 on the scale.
sorry for highjacking, but I calibrated my pH meter and I think I screwed it up cause it always reads higher than the TF pro. How are you doing regular calibration? Do you have a stock of the test powders that came with it, or are you doing it another way? I also am fighting high pH and using lots of acid, but I have new plaster so I guess that is to be expected.

How much of a discrepancy do you have between the pH meter and the drop test?

What pH meter do you have?

What calibrating solutions do you use?

Constantly rising pH is normal for new plaster.

What is your TA?

What pH meter do you have?

What calibrating solutions do you use?

Constantly rising pH is normal for new plaster.

What is your TA?
How much of a discrepancy do you have between the pH meter and the drop test? About .5 higher on the pH meter.

What pH meter do you have? I have the one that came bundled as an add on with the TF-Pro salt kit, just got it about a month ago. The PH-009 (I)A

What calibrating solutions do you use? I only had the 2 packets that came with the original kit, thought I got it spot on for what it should have said, but I guess not! I will admit, I did have a heck of a time getting the screw to turn and getting it calibrated, was a very frustrating experience. Not sure if there is anyway I can calibrate it again besides for just getting it to match the TF-100. That might be sufficient.

What is your TA? 80

This one?

994.jpg

I have tried using that meter and it is low end and loses calibration too easily. Calibration seems to drift as the battery declines.

Look at the Apera PH20 meter.

And look at using pH 7 calibrating solution.

What pH meter do you have? I have the one that came bundled as an add on with the TF-Pro salt kit, just got it about a month ago. The PH-009 (I)A
I had the same issue with this pH meter. I was constantly calibrating it and finally stopped using it. I put the following on my Christmas wish list.

This one?

994.jpg

I have tried using that meter and it is low end and loses calibration too easily. Calibration seems to drift as the battery declines.

Look at the Apera PH20 meter.

And look at using pH 7 calibrating solution.

Thanks Allen! It's very similar to that one, the only thing I noticed is mine only goes to .1 not .01 (not that I need .01). Makes sense about it being low end, I'll look for the other solutions you recommended.

I had the same issue with this pH meter. I was constantly calibrating it and finally stopped using it. I put the following on my Christmas wish list.

Thanks! I added that one to my cart as well as the PH20, we'll see if Black Friday brings a deal. Good to know that the PH tester I have is not worth my time, it drove me crazy just to get it initially calibrated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.