PH test increases over 1 minute

rhawke

Bronze Supporter
Nov 27, 2017
Houston, TX
I noticed today that my tf100 PH test increases quickly if I let it sit. I put the drops in and mix to an equal color and it shows 7.2

Then instead of dumping it out immediately I let it sit and 30 seconds later it was 7.8 and another 30 seconds later it was 8.2

Is this normal?

Hello rhawke, I noticed in an earlier thread that you had selected glass tile "fjord series". We are looking at the exact same tile and wondering if you good share pictures of how it turned out and if you are still happy with your decision. What thin set and grout color did you choose? Can you see thru the glass? My direct email is [email protected] if you would like to send to that address as well.

This happened again to me and I think it is due to the pH r0014 solution getting old. I tried side by side with a new one and on the old one if I continue shaking the pH will go from 7.2 all the way to 8.2 after 1-2 minutes.

Tried again using a brand new bottle of r0014 and it staid stable at 7.2 no longer how much I shake.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.